Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Suprise run in with HD

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wish I knew about this earlier as I would have shot my group film about it. I Heard about a couple of guys shooting a music video in town today. Got to the set and they were using a Sony HDWF900 HDCAM. They rented it for $1500, pretty neat camera. I thought it looked incredible on their field monitor but it still was different than film. Certainly though the 24p is the future of video as it didn't have that video look, it kind of has its own look. Being low budget I ended up being "the guy who happened to be there Dolly puller". The director loved the fast passes by the band and he wore me out quickly. Still it was some unexpected fun horsing around a $100,000 camera.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A couple thoughts. That rental price will come down. However, they could have shot 35mm for that price. The only reason I bring that up is the purpose of the HD is they can get more done quicker with less money and it looks good, but 35mm can be shot cost effecitively with what these guys were paying for their rental.

    I saw CSI the other night for the first time. I believe it is shot in HI-Def. I liked the look a lot. It has this little bit of green in every shot, and it really works as the show involves the investigation of someones untimely death. It doesn't look like conventional video, the motion is more pleasing to me, so I assume it must have been shot at 24 FPS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •